This post highlights what I noted from Nunu Ntshingila's speech at Soar Africa 2019.
Ms. Ntshingila is the Facebook Regional Director for Africa.
- The 4.5 billion people using the internet today is your market.
- They are confronted with 10,000 advertising messages every day.
- What can we do to make sure that we are fueling that message?
Sometimes it's not about having a genius, out of the box idea.
- Soko built a platform that enables an artisan to make their Jewelry, package it, send it to anywhere in the world and have their payment delivered - all from an app.
- All they need is a cell phone, connectivity and they can supply to one of the world’s largest artisan market.
- With Get Smarter, education can come to you wherever you are.
- It works with international universities in selling short courses. They use Facebook to sell the courses.
- They have democratized education.
- Sold for 2B US dollars.
- We should not confine ourselves to any boundaries. They world is truly our oyster.
- Take advantage of the latest technology to offer customers an great experience even with age old products and services.