This post highlights what I noted from Nunu Ntshingila’s speech at Soar Africa 2019.
Ms. Ntshingila is the Facebook Regional Director for Africa.
- The 4.5 billion people using the internet today is your market.
- They are confronted with 10,000 advertising messages every day.
- What can we do to make sure that we are fueling that message?
Sometimes it’s not about having a genius, out of the box idea.
- Soko built a platform that enables an artisan to make their Jewelry, package it, send it to anywhere in the world and have their payment delivered – all from an app.
- All they need is a cell phone, connectivity and they can supply to one of the world’s largest artisan market.
- With Get Smarter, education can come to you wherever you are.
- It works with international universities in selling short courses. They use Facebook to sell the courses.
- They have democratized education.
- Sold for 2B US dollars.
- Cellulant was one of the first companies using Augmented reality to sell products.
- They have not looked at the barriers in technology.
- They allow customers to try out lipstick colors before they buy.
- We should not confine ourselves to any boundaries. They world is truly our oyster.
- Take advantage of the latest technology to offer customers an great experience even with age old products and services.
More from me
My biggest life changes, latest minds, and my family life.